Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Solstice Scents ~ Attic

Hey there! I don't have another Valentine scent today (You're welcome, miss Nadja! LOL!) I have something from the Solstice Scents autumn collection (specifically the Manor collection) that was released in fall 2012. I ordered Attic with Library in full sizes because I thought I'd like them the best out of the Manor collection. However, I enjoyed Library so much that Attic got overlooked by me, which is incredibly unfortunate because it is a beautiful scent! As always, let's take a peek at the official scent description from Solstice Scents. c:

ATTIC
Vanilla Accord, Western Red Cedar Heartwood EO, Osmanthus Attar, Sandalwood EO

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.
Shake gently before each use. An aged cedar chest filled with fine fabrics, exquisite lace-overlay dresses, heirloom linens and crocheted tops, forgotten in the attic of the manor house. The scent of this cedar chest and the soft mustiness of stored linens with the beautiful, yet faded, perfume of the owner still detectable upon the fabric is captured in the Attic Perfume. A fine vanilla accord is paired with the most gorgeous red cedar heartwood EO, aged sandalwood EO and osmanthus attar. Attic starts out strong, with a burst of the cedar EO and vanilla accord but mellows into a sweet, woody, slightly musty and dusty fragrance that is exquisitely atmospheric. It shares some character with the Manor perfume and fans of Manor may enjoy Attic, especially if they like really gorgeous and true cedar essential oil. This cedar smells just like an aged piece of dried cedarwood and pairs wonderfully with the other notes on the dry down.



                
Solstice Scents - Attic


             
Solstice Scents - Attic
Photo Credit: Solstice Scents


Cedarwood fans, you're in for a treat with this one! Upon initial application, the Cedarwood takes the center stage and sings. It's absolutely gorgeous! There's also a strong mustiness in the background, just as if you unearthed a beautiful chest in the attic that has been long forgotten. What I love about Solstice Scents perfumes (and I'm sure I've mentioned this before) is that they really have a story to tell, and they certainly tell it well. I smell a hint of the vanilla, but just ever so slightly. This perfume whispers about forgotten treasures in an abandoned attic, and smiles as the trinkets are finally unearthed by a curious soul. The scent dies down once it's dry, but it still smells like a dusty cedar chest in the attic. I wore this perfume to work not too long ago, and I enjoyed it throughout the day. I had to reapply it in the afternoon, but that's not a big deal to me because I will cater to a perfume that smells so nice! :D I'm really sad I overlooked this perfume for so long, because it's stunning, unique, and it deserves a huge amount of love!

~Rachel

DISCLAIMER: All items mentioned were purchased by me for my own personal usage. I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are my own and always honest!





10 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Positive I'll like this. I've always managed to miss Halloween collection from SS. Not this time! I want the whole collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fabulous, Su! My first Solstice Scents purchase was Manor, which had gone General Catalogue by the time I found the company. And I've never looked back since! The company has an awesome message board with detailed reviews of each scent, so I recommend reading that if you're curious! I've only tried library, manor, and Attic from the autumn collection, but I know Liber Vix has an awesomely detailed review of each scent from the autumn collection if you're curious :D I think they've re-listed some of the autumn collection not too long ago, I'm not sure, it's on their Facebook updates though <3 I'd love to know what you think if you get any of the scents!

      Delete
  2. Why, thank you! I´m much obliged! This one is on my list.. I love cedarwood, I sometimes wear my cedarwood essential oil as a perfume, it is that gorgeous even as a single note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I thought you'd enjoy this, my dear! And yes, Cedarwood is so freaking beautiful- I can only imagine how pretty it is in its own as an EO. I bought a peppermint EO for stress and to put in my shampoo to make my scalp tingly :D

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried the majority of Manor collection. This one sounds very nice! By the way, Cedarwood essential oil smells so good even by its own but you have to use it with care because is slightly toxic.It goes very well with peppermint, pine, lemon, and orange! I made a blend with these essential oils once. I wish I had still the recipy:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Manor collection is seriously amazing, at least all the scents I've tried so far (3 out of 6). It's just so classy and beautiful!

      Oh my gosh, I had no idea Cedarwood EO is slightly toxic! Why is that? Aww, I bet that blend was absolutely beautiful! You're really talented, Amanda. I emailed you last night, but I got your package yesterday! I absolutely LOVE everything I've tried so far. I'm hoping you open an etsy shop sometime so you can earn money for all your beautiful soaps. I'd definitely be a customer!!!

      Delete
  4. I tried this one out the other day and didn't much like it, but it was at night when I was going to bed, and it's really not a bedtime perfume so I've put it aside to try again during the day sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how our perspective on scents can change from day to night, isn't it? I definitely agree about this not being a bedtime scent. I definitely feel comfortable wearing this in the day time though!

      Delete
  5. I've tried the entire Manor collection, including Manor (the original). Love Cellar and Library. Attic is not for me though! A terrible synthetic almost plastic smell lingers on my skin on the dry down and almost makes me gag. Manor itself, is Brilliant! Library smells a lot like Manor on the final dry down. Cellar is marvelous and dry down on me is delish! Master Bedroom smells great in bottle, but gave me an itchiness where I put it on my neck and wrist...had to wash it off ASAP. Solarium is not my type of scent in general, but I had to try them all. I layered Library and Cellar and came up with a great mix to wear! And Kitchen is just plain fun! Love S.S. so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I tried an imp of cellar, but I don't remember what it smelled like! That's awesome that you tried the whole Manor collection! Sorry Attic didn't work for you. I have 3 bottles of library because my boyfriend and I both wear it and love it. I keep a bottle of Library in my purse at all times. Library and Manor are both so amazing. I love Solstice Scenrs too! Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.