Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Twinkle Lights and Christmas Questions!

Hello there! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the month of December so far! It has been pretty cold here, which I'm so happy about. It was even supposed to snow yesterday, but unfortunately it didn't. Though, I would not be surprised if it does snow sometime this month. It is a lot colder than it was last year, and it still snowed the day after Christmas last year! I love the cold weather because you can bundle up, drink hot chocolate, tea, or coffee, and relax by the fireplace! It's just so lovely!

Today I painted my nails a color called Twinkle Lights by China Glaze. It's a really beautiful red, gold, and green glitter polish. It was released in 2011, and I've used quite a bit of it since then (though you can't tell because I needed to add thinner and shake it up a bit). Below are the pictures of Twinkle Lights! I used Orly Bonder as a basecoat, three coats of Twinkle Lights, and Sally Hansen Dries Fast top coat (that sounds so awkward, I know!).






I also decided to snag a Christmas questionnaire from Tumblr, which I completed below. Please feel free to answer these questions if you are bored and/or if you like the questions. I'd love to read your answers too! I know a couple of you have been doing the perfume tag, and I've really enjoyed reading your answers to those questions. I will probably do that one during Christmas break, as my schedule this month is pretty crazy! Anyway, onto the questions!

❅ Christmas Questionnaire ❅
Gingerbread: Do you like tea? Yes! I absolutely love tea. I even have a tea cabinet that I did a post about a while back.
Tinsel: What perfume/cologne do you wear?  Lately, I have been alternating between Ice Station Zebra and One Thousand and One Nights.
Ribbon: What's a book that had a strong impact on you? By far, it's The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. The books and movies got me through the severe depression I was experiencing in high school. It let me focus on a different world while I had a hard time with my own.
Holly: Who was the last person you sent a letter to? My landlord. I sent the rent this month in a Christmas card to her.
North Pole: What in your life are you most grateful for? I am so grateful for my family, my boyfriend, and my pets. Each one of them means the world to me.
Christmas Carole: Would you change your name if you could? No, I actually like my name.
Santa: What's your favorite month? I love October and December. However, this year, December has been my favorite month.
Noell: At a movie theater, which armrest is yours? I have no idea! I only go to the movies once in a blue moon, so I don't actually pay attention to such things.
Rudolf: What's a band a family member introduced you to? I think I've always tried to stray from the music my family has listened to, haha.
Candy Cane: Can you make paper snowflakes? Yes! We made them at work on Friday with the kids. I also made a glittery one for a winder wonderland they were making at the temporary school Sandy Hook students attended after the shooting last year.
Eggnog: What was the name of your first stuffed animal? Scruffy! And it makes me sad to say that because I wish I still had him.
Mrs. Clause: Have you ever been on a boat in the ocean? Yes, plenty of times. My parents are very outdoorsy, and they took me on a ton of camping and fishing trips when I was growing up. I have also been on a whale watching boat and a cruise.
Ice: Would you rather be overdressed or underdressed at every party? I am usually underdressed because IDGAF about fashion, so I'll go with that.
Hot Cocoa: What's your favorite thing about yourself? I am empathetic and kind to people. I think it's really important, especially in the hustle and bustle of a big city where there are a lot of rude people in a hurry.
Reindeer: What is your spirit animal? Definitely a cheetah.
Yule Log: Least favorite vegetable? I'm not a big onion fan.
Stocking: What color are your socks right now? I'm wearing red and green fuzzy socks with little stuffed reindeer on the top.
Elf: If you had unlimited money to one shop, which shop would it be? A grocery store. I know that's a weird answer, but I'd really be thankful to not have to worry about food money. Food where I live is more expensive than the national average.
Wreath: Are you allergic to anything? Not to food, but I am allergic to a couple antibiotics.
Cookies: Top three favorite bands? Atreyu,, Marilyn Manson, and Sublime. I've really been loving Marina and the Diamonds lately though.
Toys: Do you want children? Yes, but not anytime soon.
Sleigh Bells: Can you whistle? Not well!
Snowman: Do you like accents? Absolutely!

I hope you guys enjoyed the questions and I also hope you're having a great day/night! Thank you so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.