Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Finnegan's Folly Scent of the Day!



Above: Finnegan's Folly perfume oil
Photo Credit: One Hand Washes The Other, via their Etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/listing/51090646/finnegans-folly-5ml-perfume-oil)


I wanted to showcase a perfume oil I've been wearing quite frequently during these dreadful days of hell, more commonly referred to as "summer". It's such a beautiful, fresh scent that isn't too suttle or overpowering- the perfect balance for these heat-plagued days. The perfume I'm referring to is called Finnegan's Folly by OHWTO (One Hand Washes The Other). I ordered it from Becca's etsy shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/OHWTO .

Before gazing at my product photos, please note that this little guy has made a few trips to work with me via my purse; therefore, his label has seen better days. I just wanted to clarify that fact because OHWTO's perfume labels are really lovely, I just didn't show mine the love and care it deserved!

Above: My abused bottle of Finnegan's Folly perfume oil.


Above: My abused bottle of Finnegan's Folly perfume oil again.

Scent Description:
 Source of the following scent description: http://www.etsy.com/listing/51090646/finnegans-folly-5ml-perfume-oil
 Back for a limited time, and only in a limited amount, here's your chance to get Finnegan's Folly from the 2011 St Patrick's day release!


                                 Here's to the land of the shamrock so green,


                                Here's to each lad and his darlin colleen,


                                Here's to the ones we love dearest and most.


                                May God bless old Ireland, that's this Irishman's toast!


                                Slainte!


Finnegan's Folly smells of dapper Irish lads and rolling hills of endless green; A clean, masculine scent, with notes of hyacinth, carnation, olive blossoms, violets, rosebuds, musk, and herbs.


My Thoughts: Quick side note, about a year before I graduated, I took a wine tasting class to fulfill one of my elective requirements. It was a lot of fun, though much harder than I initially thought. The class was intended for those majoring in Culinary Arts, which I knew nothing about. Anyway, my professor had these unlabeled sample vials of different scents that we were supposed to figure out with our sense of smell. I was absolutely awful at figuring out what each scent was. A lot of the time, something would smell familiar, but I couldn't grasp what it was exactly. I got like, literally 10 scents out of 90 correct. I suck at distinguishing different aromas. So, that being said, I cannot pick apart a perfume oil by saying which of its components it does/does not smell like. But for Finnegan's Folly, I can certainly attest to the fact that it works. Everything blends together beautifully, and it reminds me of what a stunning green field would smell like- with a dash of absolutely subtle muskiness to liven things up a bit. I love this perfume with a passion, and my boyfriend even enjoys it (which is the ultimate test when I'm trying out a new product for the first time!), so I can't complain one bit. Another win for OHWTO!

I definitely recommend picking up a bottle if you'd also like to smell like a lovely Irish field this summer. It's only $9.00 for 5mL, and can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/51090646/finnegans-folly-5ml-perfume-oil

Becca has also released her Spring/Summer lineup at her permanent address, http://www.ohwto.com/. If you don't own Black Magic soap yet, PLEASE get yourself a sample. You'll be very happy you did.

Thanks for stopping by, dear readers! Let me know what scents you tend to use during the summer in the comments section below.

DISCLAIMER: All products mentioned were purchased by me for my own personal usage. I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.