Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Solstice Scents Goodies!

Good day! Today I have pictures of a couple new perfumes I picked up from my beloved Solstice Scents. I ordered these the night I wrote about Manor and received them lightning fast (as usual!). They were packaged in a regular sized bubble mailer with even extra bubble wrap around the perfume for stellar protection. Also enclosed was decorative crimped paper, a business card, post card, and bookmark {all of which were adorned with the beautiful nature-inspired Solstice Scents logo}. The back of the postcard contained a thank you that was personalized with my name, which is always such a thoughtful added touch in my opinion. The perfumes I ordered were Moonlight on the Grove and Shoikan Grove, plus Old Cedar Magus as the free sample.
Contents of my Solstice Scents package And here are the individual perfumes. I don't have an individual picture of Old Cedar Magus, but it can be seen in the picture above (it's a sample bottle housed in a cute little sample bag).
Shoikan Grove Shoikan Grove Scent Description (from http://www.solsticescents.com/SHOIKAN-GROVE-PERFUME-_p_18.html "Shoikan Grove is the eerily dark and maddeningly still wood that protects the Black Wizard's tower from unwanted visitors. Wandering in the cold, damp copse of trees will cause an adventurer to lose control of his sanity, while the remains of those who've ventured before emerge from the Earth, encircle his limbs with unwavering strength and drag him down to where he will never tread anywhere again, in life. This blend is comprised primarily of essential oils. Primary notes of Virginia Cedarwood, Spruce, Siberian Fir, Oak and Vanilla with background notes of Muhuhu EO (very woodsy), Jamarosa Root EO, Sandalwood EO, 2 different Frankincense EOs, Wood Smoke, Copaiba and Peru Balsam. More of a masculine blend but also wonderful for women who appreciate complex woody-smokey-fir scents. The Peru Balsam, Copaiba and Vanilla add a creaminess to smooth out the sharp Spruce and Fir notes. Lovely as a comforting bedtime scent as well." This one is definitely my favorite between the two. I don't feel like I can give either a proper review quite yet, but I will say that it is an absolutely beautiful earthy, woodsy perfume. Upon cold sniff and initial application, the fir makes its debut with a bang and overpowers the other notes. I personally like the fir and don't mind it at this stage, but it certainly settles beautifully on the skin; and after just a short amouont of time, a lovely sweetness shines through (I assume it's the vanilla making itself known). The sweetness doesn't overwhelm the tree notes, rather it bonds together with them magically. It is hauntingly beautiful- it smells like you are in a forest that is as stunningly gorgeous as it is dangerous. Creatures that mankind have only told legends of make their presence known through the foilage- beautiful unicorns and centaurs, butterflies as big as birds, tigers with irredescent rainbow colors in their stripes. However, there is also malevolent danger in this beautiful paradise: werewolves that come out at night and prey on anything (or anyONE) they can find. The sweet smell of smoke lingers in the air from the people trying to ward off the creatures of the night. Shoikan Grove can be summed up in this final thought: Where there is beauty, there is also danger.
Moonlight on the Grove Next, we have Moonlight on the Grove. I absolutely adore Angela's description of this scent, taken from http://www.solsticescents.com/MOONLIGHT-ON-THE-GROVE-PERFUME_p_44.html "Fresh bloomed jasmine envelops you with its sweet and delicate floral fragrance every time you indulge in this perfume, transporting you to a balmy Savannah Summer's Night. This warm and enticing fragrance will have your mind wandering through Bonaventure Cemetery and Forsyth Park, and recalling the hot and sticky nights near the Savannah river or dancing in the moonlight under century old oaks with the ghosts of an abandoned plantation home. In aromatherapy, Jasmine is used in skin care to combat dry, greasy, irritated and sensitive skin. It is believed jasmine can effect the nervous system by fighting depression, nervous exhaustion and stress related conditions and imparting a feeling of optimism and euphoria. Jasmine is associated with love, money and prophetic dreams. This is a wonderful floral scent, light, sweet, sensual and fresh." I haven't accurately tested this one yet, so I can't do a fair description. The most I can say for now is that the Jasmine is *really* strong in this one. It's not a bad thing, especially if you like that particular scent. I'm on the fence about this one so far, but I'm going to be test driving it for a full day soon! As always, I am very happy with my entire Solstice Scents experience. These perfumes were only $10.00 a piece for .35 ounces of product, which is incredible for the amount, the quality, and the customer service. As a quick side note, the SS website asks that pregnant/breastfeeding women to avoid Shoikan Grove (I believe there are certain essential oils in this blend, which is why this is the case). If you have not done so already, please give Solstive Scents a look-see at http://www.solsticescents.com/. Both of these perfumes, among lots of lovely others, can be purchased there. Also, if you missed it, please check out my review of their Manor perfume at http://brighteststarofall.blogspot.com/2012/04/solstice-scents-review-manor.html?m=1 I thank you so very much for reading, and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

DISCLAIMER: All products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal usage. I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are my own, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.