Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Alkemia ~ Moon Goddess (plus bonus puppy pictures!)

I've come out of my hobbit hole to finally review another perfume! I've been hopelessly addicted to reading Nosleep and Creepypasta, it's really kind of embarrassing.

I've never had the pleasure of trying any Alkemia perfumes until Nadja sent me a bunch in her care package, and among them was Moon Goddess. Today I will reviewing it for you :)


Official scent description:
A magical elixir of narcotic florals — datura, night-blooming cereus, and white poppy enfolded in a aquatically luminous blend of water musks, delicate cucumber, and the palest melons.

Upon cold sniff, the cucumber is the most prominent note; though the aquatic aspects to this blend are also apparent. Initial application for me is an aquatic floral with the cucumber note to add a bit of dimension. I think this perfume should be called Sea Goddess, because it's a beautiful underwater scent. The drydown is interesting because the notes don't change, they just blend seamlessly together to make the most beautiful aquatic floral known to man. This is what Cucumber Melon WISHES it could be.

Oh, and here are some pictures of Cheyenne for those that wanted to see her! :D








Have a wonderful weekend!




Disclaimer: Moon Goddess was kindly sent to me by Nadja. I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the companies mentioned. My opinions are always my own and honest. Thank you for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Awwwww Chy Chy :D
    Moon Goddess sounds perfect for summer! Lately I have this craving for light watery scents. I am wearing En Passant a lot these days. It smells like lilacs and watery cucumber :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it will be perfect for summer! Light watery scents are elegant, so I can see why you'd be craving them :D En Passant sounds delectable!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh what a cute dog she is!! Absolutely oozing charm!! I so miss our dogs right now! But in a little more than a week I'm going home for a vist so I'll see them then! <3

    Mon Goddess never quite managed to charm me. It is nice layered with Smoke and Mirrors but by itself rather too light for me... It does seem to do other things on your skin than on mine though. On me it was lots of cucumber and a bit of musk and not much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'm glad you get to go home to visit your family and your lovely doggies! I'd love to see pictures of your dogs if you get a chance :) When do you return home after visiting your family? I will plan on sending your package for when you get home from your visit. :)

      I need to try Moon Goddess with Smoke & Mirrors! I got heavy cucumber too, but the aquatic florals balanced it out. That's so funny how scents are different of our skin! :)

      Delete
    2. I'll only be at home for about a week, so two weeks from now I'll be back in Sweden... I wish I could stay home for longer, but I will soon be moving back permanently so I guess I can handle a shorter visit. :) I can definitely post a doggy picture or two the next time I write a blog post!

      Cucumber and smoke was a really intriguing combination!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big fan of watery florals generally, but this does sound interesting. Alkemia is one of those companies I keep meaning to go back to as I want some full bottles of scents I've tried and I have a long list of others I want to have a go at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! Which perfumes from Alkemia do you want in full sizes?

      Delete
    2. Trick or Treat, which I LOOOOOOOOOVE, and Smoke & Mirrors. And there was another one but I can't remember what it was! Oops.

      Delete
  4. What a cute puppy! She's making herself quite at home, isn't she? Moon Goddess sounds good to me until the description gets to melons...ugh, I just don't know. Cucumber melon is usually so boring to me, but maybe with the other elements it would be more palatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she darling? Oh yes, she's making herself at home! She sleeps on that couch in the first picture, and last night we were awoken by what sounded like a malevolent demon... But it was her having a bad dream! I asked my boyfriend, "wouldn't that have been freaky if we didn't have a dog?" ;)

      I don't get any melon, though it is in the description. You're right, cucumber melon on its own is really dull! I like this version though :)

      Delete
  5. OMG!!! Cheyenne is so beautiful!!! I love her eyes. They are so expressive. She is so lucky to have you:)
    I love the name of the perfume, Moon Goddess, but I don't know if Melon and cucumber works on me. I haven't tried anything with these two notes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda! I love her eyes too :) We are lucky to have her too, she's such a sweetie!

      I don't smell melon in this perfume, but it is strong on the cucumber. I think cucumber scents are really fresh and pretty if blended with the right notes :)

      Delete
  6. AW, Cheyenne looks like a big sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.